Founding a company with a scientific basis is a significant challenge, be it during one’s studies or as a new graduate. Alongside learning, tests, and lectures, a business model needs to be developed, the market observed, and a finance plan created. Funding means enabling a first step in order to create the necessary breathing room for this development. However, the willingness of the employer is especially important for scientists who take this path. Continue reading
The program “Young Innovators” is a successful tool to support scientific company foundings from universities and non-university research institutions in Baden-Württemberg. Especially innovative founding projects from science are annually awarded with funding from the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts. During the finding phase, they receive support in the targeted preparation of the company founding.
This year, ten “Young Innovators” with innovative products or processes were selected in Karlsruhe, Stuttgart, and Villingen-Schwenningen. Again the balance for KIT submissions is very positive: five of the total ten founding teams stem from the KIT and receive the funding of the Ministry of Science. All funded teams receive a contribution towards securing their living expenses and are helped along with practical coaching. Additionally, the founders can use the infrastructure of their university or research institution.
The newly accepted founding projects from the KIT:
- SearchHaus – searching solutions for structural data like databases , wikis, web pages, ERP, or CRM systems with intelligent search algorithms
- PriceNow – Software-as-a-Service for automated and personalized marketing towards existing customers in e-commerce, through recommendation algorithms for small and middling online shops.
- Ineratec – Container-based compact system for decentralized chemical transformation of gas from biogenic and non-biogenic sources in storable value products
- Rüdenauer 3D Technology – 3D visualization software for intuitive universal use and multidisciplinary, as well as cross-provider information exchange
- MobiSafety – Mobile application for the design, coordination, and implementation of rescue operations for institutions of civil protection with integrated information media
We congratulate the five founder teams of the KIT and wish them a lot of success for the further development within the frame of the “Young Innovators” program. Further information regarding the funding program and the teams can be found on the website of the Ministry of Science.